Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Song heard in a Dairy Queen on another planet

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 86 17:58:52 EST
Subject: Song heard in a Dairy Queen on another planet

Last night I dreamed I was in a Dairy Queen on another planet.  And on
the radio was a new Laurie Anderson song.  And the lyrics were:

Attention shoppers.  You are in a store.  You are in a grocery store.
Remember this.  Remember.
And I looked.
And there were three boxes of Green Elephant breakfast cereal.
And the elephants were green.  And the box was blue.
And they said to me "We are the type.  And you are the token.
		     We are the type.  And you are the token."
And they were green.
And they were smoking big Cuban cigars.
And they were wearing big Cuban sports jackets.
And they said to me:
	Attention shoppers.
You are in a store.  You are in a grocery store.
Remember this.  Remember.
And I said: Oh,
Yeah.
Cuz: We are the type.  And you are the token.
Cuz: We are the type.  And you are the token.
Cuz: Love is a secretary.  And death is a waiter.
So, I got in the elevator and pushed L
Yeah, I pushed L.
Yeah.