Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Love and Rockets / Tones on Tail

From: ROBB LEATHERWOOD <ROBB-LEATHERWOOD%LADC@CISL-SERVICE-MULTICS.ARPA>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 86 11:52 PST
Subject: Love and Rockets / Tones on Tail
Randomness: This fortune soaks up 47 times its own weight in excess memory.

Love and Rockets just released "Seventh Dream of Teenage Heaven" on another
label (possibly domestic) and the new release contains the U.S. remix of
"Ball of Confusion" on it, though no songs were removed for it to be there.
If you already have the album, apparently there is another version of the
12" single of "Ball of Confusion" that has the US Re-mix on it.  The order
number for it, from Beggars Banquet records, is BEG 132 TP.  The 12" single
without the remix is BEG 132 T.  The B-Side to the "If There's a Heaven
Above" single is called "God and Mr. Smith", if the sleeve that came with
my Bauhaus 1979-1983 record is correct.

About Tones on Tail, their first album (the compilation of their first 3
EPs) is called (surprise, surprise) "Tones on Tail."  There are 3 songs on
"Pop" that aren't on "The Album Pop", and vice-versa.  The 3 songs that
are not on "Pop" are available on EPs.  The reverse is not true.  Still,
it's cheaper to buy the album of "The Album Pop" that it is to buy the
2 EPs, unless you can find the 7" singles.  However, if you are a fan
of novelty items, as I am, you may want to buy the 12" singles, as I know
that the 12" of Christian Says is on blue vinyl.  I suspect that the 12"
of Lions is on red vinyl.  But, if you're on a budget, and you want all of
Tones on Tail's songs at the lowest price, here's what to get:

Tones on Tail - Situation Two records - SITU 12
'Pop' - Beggars Banquet - BEGA 51
The Album Pop - sorry, no label or order number
Performance / Shakes - Beggars Banquet - BEG 106 (T)

Nuff said,
  -Shoo

"There is no truth, just news."