Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Music!

From: S7YLF4%IRISHMVS.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 86 00:17 EST
Subject: Music!

Hello all,
  (Apologies to digesters who hate reading "I'm new on the block"
messages, you'll have to either sit through this one or skipped
the rest of the digest...I love that feeling of power!  :-)
  In any case -- I'm nj, and have been getting onto ARPAnet
mailing lists like crazy lately.  My music is, I'm afraid, a little
more mundane than what seems to be floating around here.  To keep
it short and simple, here are (some of) my musical likes/dislikes:

Likes:  Bach (the original J.S., must confess I haven't really
listened to P.D.Q.), Rush, Dire Straits, R.E.M., Talking Heads,
a little heavy metal (very little), some Alan Parsons (just heard
Stereotomy on CD), a little Peter Gabriel, some ZZ Top (depending
on my mood), a l...

Dislikes: Wham! (ugh!), Madonna (double ugh!), Prince & Boy George
& Duran Duran and all those make-up-wearing people (I know I'm
alienating quite a few people here), most heavy metal (I know I'm
alienating even more), practically all country (there go the rest
of them), in faquite a bit of Top 40 stuff (especially Bruce Springsteen;
there goes thBe whole female popoulation).., ...

In any case, I'm probably going to sit back and watch for awhile and
find out how many people hate me.  Until then, adieu...

nj <s7ylf4%irishmvs.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.EDU>