Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Shit, lock wicinski up !! he's going mad !

From: Tim Wicinski <wicinski@nrl-css.arpa>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 86 22:17:46 est
Subject: Shit, lock wicinski up !! he's going mad !

I just heard the all-new version of "Pretty in Pink" and I think it sucks
giat toadies dirtballs.  How low can the Psychedelic Furs be to let some
movie people talk them into readoing an already great song into something
that sounds more 'punkier'. (First explain what this means to me).  I
was completely disapointed.

Also heard "Left of Center" with Suzanne Vega and Joe Jackson. Hmmmm.
so-so. It wasn't that BAD.  It was quite suzanne actually.

10,00 Manic Depressives:  There's this guy I work with from Jamestown NY,
the reputed home of this band.  He asked me last week if I heard about them,
he wanted my opionin on them. I had none.  He summed his opionin up on the
band like this (Hoffman, this sounds like you):  "I knew most of the band
members since we all went to the same .  All I can honestly say
is that the lead singer (whatever her name is) was a queen bitch, but her
sister had bigger breasts."  You guys figure it out.

ee cummings:  Doug, didn't you ever take English Lit classes at school ??
or does MIT can't afford English Lit ?? That's one of the advantages of
having English maors as roomates: Not only do you have lots of cool books
to read, they also take great classes.  Myslef, I'll take Shelley, Keats,
or Byron.  Not sure why though.

Fripp:  I read this interview with Mr. Fripp, and he said he quite enjoyed
making the Daryll Hall album "Sacred Songs", as well as that one Roches
album.  He said "Daryll's album went much smoother and was finished much
quicker than we ever imagined.  Unlike the King Crimson days,  everyone
put their egos aside for awhile and did some really fine work."  I think
Fripp hates to have people second-guess him is what he's saying.  I
do like "Sacred Songs", good stuff.  And I enjoy Exposure too.  I still
think it's the best Crimson album.  Prove me wrong.

Butthole Surfers come to town in a few weeks.  I'll go if I got the buckage.

tim