Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Today's dose of Katrivia

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 86 18:43:32 est
Subject: Today's dose of Katrivia

As related to me by Del Palmer: Kate did indeed do the voice of the
priest / judge in "Waking The Witch".  Del didn't seem 100% sure what
they used in the final mix, but thinks it is Kate through a harmonizer
set two octaves down.  They also tried using slowed down tape, but that
didn't come out as well.  Originally they wanted a man to do the part,
but they couldn't find anyone who could do it right.

I think it's good that Kate sang the part of the judge, because it makes
it seem as if she's putting herself on trial in her mind -- which is a
really powerful image.