Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

JD, Baltimore.

From: Jim Hofmann <hofmann@AMSAA.ARPA>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 85 13:08:11 EST
Subject: JD, Baltimore.

>Jim, your comments about J.D. were quite funny, I'm sure he'll get a
>laugh from 'em (he gets some sort of perverse pleasure from reading
>his hate mail, I think).  Yes, Dave Marsh is a very good friend of his.
>And J.D. is really a very nice guy; he's given me a lot of encouragement
>and constructive criticism about my writing.

Hyuk, Hyuk.  OK, I've heard he is a nice guy, too and all. I've even
heard him when he substitutes on WHFS (late at night) or was it
WJHU?  (In fact, I live next to his former sound engineer, tell him
Mooge sez hi.)  He plays some right decent music, I wonder why he
doesn't write about it?  Tell him to shake off his prejudices and come
down to Jule's Loft with me some time.  I noticed much to my delight that he
didn't write about it in his review of music spots in Baltimore.  I prefer
he doesn't actually ... keep it underground and all.  Anyhoo, I recommend
he see the Circle Jerks show on Dec 27.  He might be suprised that since
the No Drinking rule went into effect the violence has pretty much
gone away and there is little prejudice against people who don't look
like punks.  At most, I got hit up for spare change mutiple times
or accused of using drugs.  What say you, me, he and anyone else
interested meet at Club Charles aforehand and duke it out from there?
Does he really wanna hear rock the way its supposed to be played or
is he stuck up on hi-teck wankers???

>How in the world have you been able to read my articles in the City
>Paper?  The very first one is due to be published TODAY!  Do you get
>advance copies or something?

I'm omniscient, psychic and all that.  I mean, how did I get a copy
of this when I recieve l-hounds by mail the next day and all?
Um, maybe I just imagined your name would look great in bold letter
black ... I really don't know... I just imagined it, I guess. (Come
on tell the truth, you've written record reviews for them haven't you?)
Think they'd like to look at my stuff some time? (NOW you know WHY
I've been acting so nice, hehheh).  Nevertheless, Congrats and all that.

>Scraping Foetus Off The Wheel (any Foetus fans out there?)

You mean Screaming Foetus's band?  I've got a review of one of his
shows I'll send you by e-mail if you want. (also a punk review of
Dave Marsh's book party for Unfortunate Son in LA)