Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

independent music

From: Jim Hofmann <hofmann@AMSAA.ARPA>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 85 12:49:53 EST
Subject: independent music

Am setting up a list of addresses for independent rock/punk/hardcore/
thrash/art-damage/etc music offerings.

One list will be for mail-order companys  for the regular joe consumer
not record stores ( ex:  Rough Trade, Systematic )

The next is meant to cover independent record companies that sell
their offerings through the mail ( ex:  Dischord, Twin-Tone)

The third list is to include information on fanzines. (from Max R & R to the
xerox type zines like Most Things Suck or Bullsh*t Monthly)

If you have any such
information, I would like to include it on the list.  Though I don't expect
to ever finish this when I get to a point of diminishing returns, I'll either
post the results or put a notice here for anyone wishing a copy.  I'd really
like to get addresses from overseas (I'm in America) - England, Western and
Eastern Europe, Pacific Basin.

Thanks in advance and mail
all replies into hofmann@amsaa.ARPA