Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds Digest

From: allynh%miro@BERKELEY.EDU (Allyn Hardyck)
Date: 16 Nov 85 21:03:18 PST (Sat)
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds Digest

>Date:     Fri, 15 Nov 85 8:52:42 EST
>From: Jim Hofmann <hofmann@AMSAA.ARPA>
>Subject:  music press
>
>I detest the Penthouse attitude but guccione's son is the
>one running Spin and except for the blurb in the beginning of
>each issue, Glenn Close seems to run things.
Not the actress!?

>I am particurally enamored with one of their writers styles, Bart Bull.
>His article on X hit the spot and drove the dagger in without drawing
>any messy blood.
This is probably the same Bart Bull that used to write in a local
East Bay free newspaper, the Express.  As I recall he did have a pleasantly
vitriolic style.  The Express is also the home of Alice Kahn (though she
may not be there long, she's got a book out now.)  Alice coined the term
"yuppie" 2 years ago.  (At least, that's where I first saw the term, and
she claims invention rights.)

allyn