Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Did you like HoL first time through?

From: Laura Frank Clifford <allegra!ihnp4!mit-eddie!lcliffor@bbnccm.ARPA>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 85 9:48:11 EDT
Subject: Re: Did you like HoL first time through?

I agree about "The Dreaming" and also "The Ninth Wave"  - I'm taking time
warming up to the FIRST side of HoL.  I DID immediately love Kate's "The
Kick Inside" the first time I heard it, and still play that more than
Lionheart and Never for Ever.

I believe I liked "The Ninth Wave" immediately because I was prepared for
complexity.  However the song that really jumped out at me initially was
"The Jig of Life" which I must admit is more accessible on first listen
than anything on "The Dreaming".  This, of course, doesn't mean that the
song isn't as great - it still requires many listenings to get more out of it.

Laura Clifford