Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Something I learned Today (sniff sniff)

From: Tim Wicinski <wicinski@nrl-css.ARPA>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 85 14:56:12 est
Subject: Something I learned Today (sniff sniff)

Well, this is a good new/bad news posting. Good News: Went to
Tower Records and bought a copy of the new Hawkwind album called
"The Chronicles of the Black Sword".  It is based on the Elric books
by Micheal Moorcock.  I have just started listening to it, and so far
it sounds good. Good Metal. I would like to hear what other people
think about it, like Andy and Doug (What Doug ??? You haven't gotten
it yet ??? Shame, shame....).  This album is fighting for the turntable,
since I also bought a copy of the second Stooges album, called
Fun House.  This album is everything Henry Rollins said in Spin
it would be, and probably more.  It seems like all the Stooges albums
are being re-released, cause I saw the first one there too.  For
a complete Stooges discography, try Gerry (cdonaldson@eclb.arpa).
He knows Iggy better than any one I know.

Okay, today is a black day in underground American Music. At Tower
Records, they thrust a copy of their magazine called "Pulse".
Inside, where they have a Random Bullmanure section similar to Rolling
Clone magazine they had an article about everybody's favorite
American band (no Doug, not Madonna).  Husker Du has supposedly
signed a contract with Warner Brothers records. I have no records
on the WB label so all I can see is a bleak tomorrow for these
guys.  I am getting nervous at the popssibility of these guys turning
out hit singles..... I cant take the thought of it...I need
to go listen to Zen Arcade again.

Tim "why does it have to happen to these guys" Wicinski