Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Lagan Love

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 85 16:56:40 edt
Subject: Lagan Love

> From:     Susanne E Trowbridge <ins_aset@jhunix>

> This brings me to a question...anyone have any idea what "Lagan"
> means??

Well my dictionary says:

	lagan also ligan or lagend -- n. Cargo or equipment thrown into
	   the sea but attached to a float or buoy so that it can be
	   recovered.

Sounds reasonable to me, though I haven't yet sat down and transcribed
and figured out the lyrics.

> You know, this mailing list has really increased my appreciation for Kate's
> songs.  If only all my favorite artists had their own mailing lists...

You'd probably have a *lot* of mail to read!

-Doug