Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Breakthrough

From: Kevin Carosso <engvax!KVC@cit-vax.ARPA>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 85 12:23:46 PDT
Subject: Breakthrough

I sent a check to Break Through last week asking for their back issues
and a subscription.  I haven't heard back yet, but as soon as I do I'll
let you know my impressions.  Thanks for the warning on the extreme fanaticism.
I'll wade through the connect-o-grams and unicorns for the interesting articles.

Are those two articles by Fred Vermorel published in Break Through?  That
second one sounds a little overdone, but perhaps that was the intent.  I can
see a lot of what he's saying (at least in the parts Doug typed in) and in
some sense I feel the same way.  Was that a reasonable example of the
entire article?  If so, perhaps the intent of the article was simply to get
it out of his system.  Perhaps writing it was Vermorel's own "Kate Catharsis"?
I pose this as a suggestion, since I haven't read anything but the two parts
posted to love-hounds.

About the translation of the German passage...  Seems to me that "Somewhere
in the darkness, there is a light" makes more sense.

Doug, did the rumour about Dale Sommerville becoming disillusioned after
meeting KB give any clue as to why?

Finally, is anyone (other than the people I forward the list to (you know
who you are)) in the Southern California area on this mailing list?

	/Kevin Carosso                    engvax!kvc @ CIT-VAX.ARPA
	 Hughes Aircraft Co.

Oh, almost forgot...  The "other" rock'n roll station in Southern California,
KLOS, an ABC affiliate, played RUTH the other day.  The DJ there had all KINDS
of nice things to say about Kate Bush.  Wish she would've played some more
of her music though.  Should I call 'em up and say "hey, thanks for the
KB, play some more!"?  Do they bother to listen to caller's opinions?  I mean,
are there even real people there?