Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

it's been real

From: the Shadow <jeffh@BRL.ARPA>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 85 8:13:11 EDT
Subject: it's been real

this morning i walked into my office, sat down at my terminal, and
discovered 166Kb of mail waiting for me.  i was somewhat shocked by
this until i looked at the headers.  most of them were from people
i recongnized from the "love-hounds" list.  in fact, after i had
read the interesting stuff, i put all the "love-hounds" junk in one
file to see how big it was -- 148.5Kb!!!

now, i like kate's music very much and i enjoy many other artists as
well (Mannheim Steamroller, Steve Taylor, AD, Pink Floyd, Daniel Amos
YES, The London Philharmonic ...), but i can't afford the time it
takes to read through that much mail.  this saddens me because, by
reading this group, i have picked up some pointers to good music.

i am more a reader than a poster, so most of you will not recognize
my name, but i have enjoyed a lot of the discussion going on in this
forum.

i signed up for this mailing group because i thought it might be more
polite and less voluminous than net.music (which i once tried to keep
up with for a whole week!).  but it has rapidly mushroomed into the
same sort of self-indulgent, short-sighted morass that made net.music
unbearable.  therefore, i am requesting that my name be removed from
the mailing list.  i am sorry, there are some of you that i will miss
hearing from.

send any responses directly to me as i will not be on this mailing
group any longer.

		with sadness,
				jeff hanes
		"Star of stage, screen, and underwear commercials"

USnail:	508 Wheel Rd.		UUCP:	{seismo,decvax,cbosgd}!brl!jeffh
	Bel Air, MD  21014	ARPA:	<jeffh@brl>