Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Bruce Cockburn

From: Doug Alan <nessus>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 85 06:52:15 edt
Subject: Bruce Cockburn

> From: Jim HofMu

> Anyone else out their like Cockburn?

I bought "The Unforgettable Fire" because I really like "Rocket
Launcher", but I didn't think the rest of the album was nearly as good.
A lot of it seemed overproduced.  (Produced to make it slick, that is.
KB's albums are heavily produced, but she, and some others, uses heavy
production to add rough edges, which are great, rather than remove
them....)

> Oh come now, just you've heard Dark Side of the Moon thousands of
> times doesn't mean it isn't the best Pink Floyd album!  Come on, admit
> it, it is the best!  Animals and Wish you were Here are but pale
> imitators.  The Wall is just a two record Dark Side sans heavy synth.

I've listened to "Animals", "Wish You Were Here", and "The Wall" much
more than DSotM.  I think that DSotM is PF's worst (which is still
great) non-soundtrack album.  It's "Meddle" (a great album) made more
palatable for the mass market audience.

> No, but I've revieved messages from them.  And reagan@whit-house.  And
> flynt@hustler.

I've gotten a message from flynt@hustler too.  Something about KB
pictures.  I replied to fun-people.  Said they were too late, Penthouse
already had the scoop first (aka Kate Simmons).  Fun-people did not seem
confused.

			"You'll see, you'll find one in every car"

			 Doug