Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds Digest

From: Jim Hofmann <hofmann@AMSAA.ARPA>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 85 8:03:57 EDT
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds Digest

$From: harvard!topaz!petsd!peora!jer
$Subject: Experimental testing of KB on Uninitiated

>Yesterday I did an experiment, viz., gave the person who I mentioned
>recently as having the "Hawkwind" tape a Kate Bush tape to listen to.

Which tape?

Jer's colleague said about the tape:
   >Well, the music, it is too fast!  It is the very "hard rock"
   >kind.  It changes in the same song.  You think you are
   >>listening to the classics, and suddenly it is the hard rock,
   >the very hard rock.  The stories are very good, though, they
   >are very much like the "Pink Floyd". ...  Can I keep the tape
   >for a few more days?  My wife, she does not like it, but I
   >want to listen to it in the car some more still.

>I thought that was a good description, except the "too fast" part...
>but it was sort of interesting to observe his comments.  Notice also the
>>"SO doesn't like it" property of the music, which someone mentioned
>recently in here.
Kate as hard rock?  That is definitely a new one one me.  For the record, Jer,
what does "SO" mean?  I assume spouse but what does the O stand for?

I think this is a great idea, though, maybe you could get a full-length
article out of it for Val's zine.  >Is it still happening? Val<

$From:  Doug Alan
$Subject: KB singles

>EMI-America didn't even release any of her other singles except TMWTCIHE
>and "Wuthering Heights" -- and that one is so rare, it's worth about
>$20.)
A local collectors store has a slew of Kate singles, next time I'll report
exactly what is there.  They are pretty savvy about what is worth what but
when I saw the sheet music to LZ's Stairway to Heaven priced at $10 (!!!)
I almost gagged (I got this piece of music two years ago at a garage sale
for 50 cents! - I'll think I'll hold on to it).  He also informed me the
Born to Run sheet music book is worth a whole lot.

Beaver:  Sometimes things get so messed up there's nothing else you can do.
Jim Hofmann, hofmann@amsaa.ARPA