Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

All four categories?

From: Doug Alan <nessus>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 85 01:44:08 edt
Subject: All four categories?

I just posted this to net.music....

From: nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan)
Subject: Re: Sex, guns, violence, drugs and the Devil

> PMRC proposes rating lyrics that are a) offensive sexually, b) violent,
> c) "occult" (Satanic?  Astrological?), and d) drug/alcohol-related.

> BTW, can anyone think of any songs that fall into all four categories
> simultaneously?  Think Frank Zappa will write one?

I'm sure Frank Zappa has written several.  Even sweet Kate Bush has
written one.  The title song of her first album, "The Kick Inside", is
about a girl who is committing suicide by poisoning herself because she
is in love with her brother, who has gotten her pregnant.  She says that
she will meet with Zeus and that she will return as a ghost when there
is a solar eclipse over a certain hill.

			"I will come home again, but not until
			 The sun and the moon meet on yon hill"

			 Doug Alan
			  nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (or ARPA)

P.S.  Can't wait to get my copy of "The Kick Inside" that has
"OFFENSIVE SEXUALLY, VIOLENT, OCCULT, AND DRUG-RELATED" stamped on it!