Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

NotS and Bill Wheelan and jingle jangle

From: Doug Alan <nessus>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 85 03:07:54 edt
Subject: NotS and Bill Wheelan and jingle jangle

> From: Kevin Carosso <allegra!scgvaxd!engvax!KVC>

> It's the sort of continuous, haunting, high note that tags just a tad
> behind her voice through this part of the song.  In any case, that
> sound and the way she sings that passage defines (to me) all that is
> true artistry and beauty in music.

You ain't kidding!!!  The credits on the lyric sheet lead me to believe
that Bill Wheelan wrote the music for the Irish instruments that play
the accompanyment for this part.  This has led me to look for other
music that he has written.  Bill Wheelan is on some Planxty albums, but
I haven't found any where he writes any of the music.  Does anyone know
of other music written by Bill Whelan?

> ps.  Anyone else shiver with the way she says "jingle-jangle" in
>      "Houdini"?   Sensuality incarnate...

Absolutely!  Also when she sings "With your spit still on my lip, you'd
hit the water"!  Oooooh!

(Once when this part was playing on the stereo, someone walked in,
gave the stereo a funny glare, and said "My god!  Who's chopping off her
toes?")

			"Rosabel, believe"

			 Doug