Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: And Dream of Sheep

From: Doug Alan <nessus>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 85 16:50:34 edt
Subject: Re: And Dream of Sheep

> From Valerie

> This is my favourite song on the album .. it kind of wanders hauntingly
> through my head all day long.  Is this clearly a song from the point of
> view of someone who is drowning, or am I reading things into it?

The entire side "The Ninth Wave" is about someone who is drowning.
Says Kate:

	It's about someone who comes off a ship and they've been in the
	water all night by themselves, and it's about that person
	reevaluating their life from a point which they've never been
	before.  It's about waking up from things and being reborn --
	going through something and coming out the other side very
	different.

-Doug