Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: hawkwaind discography

From: Doug Alan <nessus>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 85 14:46:10 edt
Subject: Re: hawkwaind discography

Here's a Hawkwind discography that was compiled by me and someone on the
net:

/* BEGIN INCLUDED TEXT */

From: roger@cornell.UUCP (Roger Hoover):

The following are all of the Hawkwind LPs which I know about.  The
ones with * are the ones which I own.

*Hawkwind (1970)
 	Dave Brock, John Harrison, Huw Lloyd, Terry Ollis, Nick Turner,
 	Dikmik

*In Search of Space (1971)
	Nik Turner, Dave Brock, Dave Anderson, Del Dettmar, Terry Ollis,
	Dik Mik

*Doremi Fasol Latido (1972)
	Dave Brock, Nik Turner, Dik Mik, Ian 'Lemmy' Kilmister,
	Simon King, Del Dettmar

*Space Ritual (1973)
	Dave Brock, Nik Turner, Bob Calvert, Dikmik, Lemmy, Simon King,
	Del Dettmar

	Recorded live at liverpool stadium & brixton sundown
	2 record set

*Hall of the Mountain Grill (1974)
	Dave Brock, Lemmy, Simon House, Nik Turner, Del Dettmar,
	Simon King

*Warrior on the Edge of Time (1975)
	Dave Brock, Nik Turner, Lemmy, Simon House, Simon King,
	Allan Powell, Mike Moorcock

Road Hawks (1976)

*Astounding Sounds, Amazing Music (1976)
	Dave Brock, Nik Turner, Bob Calvert, Simon King, Simon House,
	Allan Powell, Paul Rudolph

*Quark Strangeness & Charm (1977)
	Bob Calvert, Dave Brock, Simon House, Adrian Shaw, Simon King

*25 Years On (Hawklords) 1978
	Bob Calvert, Dave Brock, Harvey Bainbridge, Steve Swindells,
	Martin Griffin, Henry Lowther, Simon King, Les McClure

PXR 5 (1979)

Live 79 (1980)

*Levitation (1980)
	Dave Brock, Huw Lloyd-Langton, Harvey Bainbridge, Tim Blake,
	Ginger Baker

	Recorded july/august 1980 on 3M digital mastering system.

*Sonic Attack (1981)
	Dave Brock, Huw Lloyd-Langton, Mike Moorcock, Martin Griffin,
	Harvey Bainbridge

	Used to have a copy of this LP with side 1 pressed on both sides!

*Hawkwind (1982)
	This is a double spanish pressing with lots of bits from here
	and there [Victoria VLP-38].  It has some Hawkwind cuts which
	I have not seen on other LPs along with cuts from Sonic Assassins
	and Inner City Unit (see below).

*Church of Hawkwind (1982)
	Dave Brock, Harvey Bainbridge, Martin Griffin, Huw Lloyd-Langton,
	Marc Superhawk, Capt. Al Bod1, Madam X

	The 12 page color booklet with quotes from Dr. Technical is worth
	buying this LP for

*Zones (1983)
	Dave Brock, Nik Turner, Harvey Bainbridge, Ginger Baker,
	Huw Lloyd-Langton, Keith Hayle, Martin Griffin, Michael Moorcock

	This is the latest LP as far as I know.  It gives the following
	addresses:

	Hawkwind Feedback: B.Tawn, 29, Cordon St Wisbech, CAMBS
	Merchandising: Kris, P.O Box 6, Bideford, North Devon (S.A.E for list)

OTHER LP's:

*Dave Brock/Earthed to the Ground (1984)
	All tracks written by Dave Brock.  Dave plays guitars, synth,
	keyboard, drum machine, vocals & biscuit tin.  Recorded at home
	while waiting for Hawkwind to get going again' Devon 1980/81/82/83

Inner City Unit/Pass Out (1980)
	Nik Turner, Tren Thoms, Dead Fred, Baz Magneto, Mick Stupp

Inner City Unit/Maximum Effect (1981)
	Nik Turner, Tren Thoms, Dead Fred, Dino Ferari, Captain Sensible,
	Bill Boston, Max Wall

Inner City Unit/Punkadelic (1982)

I have seen many of these LPs for sale in the past year in the import
bins of major city record stores.  These include all the ones which I
have (exceptions Quark Strangeness & Charm, 25 Years On, Space Ritual)
and also Live 79 and Road Hawks.  Numerous compilation LP's also exist
along with a couple of picture discs.  Most of these have been re issued
sometimes without duplicating the strangeness of the LP jackets (In
Search of Space for example).  I have the LP numbers for all of the
above LPs.  Let me know if you need them.  If anyone finds a source for
the Inner City Unit LPs, tell me where.  Likewise, let me know if you
get any response from Hawkwind Feedback.

Rock Family Trees has a good bit of Hawkwind trivia.

/* END INCLUDED TEXT */

There's some other stuff I know of that wasn't mentioned by Roger.  Some
of this I have (indicated by "*"), some of this I only have on tape (and
never seen -- indicated by "+" -- sometimes more than one generation
old), and some of this I've never seen, only heard about (indicated by
"#" -- like Inner City Unit [Nik Turner's Group]).

*Masters of the Universe (1977) -- Compilation album.

*Live 1979 (1980) -- Live album.

#Repeat Performace (1980) -- No idea what it is, but it's not a studio
album.

Friends and Relations -- *Volume I (1982), Volume II (?), and *Volume
III (?) -- Miscelaneous live tracks and compilation stuff from related
groups.

*Choose Your Masques (1982).

#Indpendents Day (1984) -- Compilation of singles.

Space Ritual 2 (1984) -- Live album.

This is Hawkwind, Do Not Panic (1984) -- Live album.

Night of the Hawks (1984) -- EP.

Nik Turner
----------

+Sphinx -- Great pseudo-egyptian space music.  (Not with Inner City Unit.)

#Xitintoday (1978)

#New Anatomy (1985)

Michael Moorcock
----------------

New World's Fair (1975)

Robert Calvert

+Captain Lockheed and the Starfighters (1974)

#Lucky Lief and the Longships (1975)

#Hype (1982)

*Freq (1985)

There are also lots of singles, and Tim Blake and Steve Swindells also
have albums.  You probably already know about Motorhead (Lemmy), but I
don't like them, and thus don't follow them.