Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Roche's new album

From: Bob Knight <KNIGHT@SU-SCORE.ARPA>
Date: Sat 28 Sep 85 20:31:46-PDT
Subject: Re: Roche's new album

Aha!  Well, I mumbled up to Bow Wow today, and picked up a lot of stuff,
including Love Hounds, Another World (the new Roches - it's playing right
now), the new Red Hot Chili Peppers (rap/funk for whites) and the new
Stevie Ray Vaughn.  Lots of GOOD stuff out now.

While at Bow Wow, I met the three principals of Brian Brain (who'd just
played to 80 people the night before - Albuquerque's SO provincial).
I didn't see the gig, but was informed I missed a stellar show.  Rats.
Should've done the 150 mile round trip for them.  At any rate, they're
coming to a town near you if you're in the Southeast and East coast (I
think Austin's their next gig).  The drummer (I forget his name - he
plays with PiL) prerecorded his drum tracks so "I can move around and
get crazy on stage."  Got to hear the cassette of the drum tracks -
really excellent stuff.  Go see them - even tho I didn't see them in
action, they're REALLY NICE people, and doing something really worthwhile.

Enough raving...

Bob
-------