Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

League of Gentlemen and Kate

From: Doug Alan <nessus>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 85 03:11:40 edt
Subject: League of Gentlemen and Kate

> From Tim Wicinski

> I also have a Robert Fripp interview from WBCN when he was with the League
> of Gentlemen on tour.  Did anybody see that tour ???

I didn't, but I have the record.  It's really wild with the Roche
sisters talking in the background about how rock and roll is all about
sex and making simulated (I presume) sex noises.  It always reminds me
of the KB quote which graces the title page of one of Vermorel's
"biographies": "The communication of music is very like making love".
Though Kate might be a bit more metaphorical if she were to write a song
based on that premise.... (Gee, like RUTH?)

			"Let's exchange the experience"

			 Doug