Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: a Kate Bush interview on TV

From: Doug Alan <nessus>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 85 10:31:32 edt
Subject: Re: a Kate Bush interview on TV

    NM: I'm remined by a painting in the corner here, which is a sort  of  sa-
        tire  of  a  Pre_Raphaelite  painting, that I always have thought that
        those Victorian painters, the Pre-Raphaelites, were an  influenece  to
        the texture of your song writing.

    KB: Yes, yes. I think that was particularly in my very early teens  I  was
        very  enchanted  by the whole romance of it, yes.  They find their way
        into songs, the imagery.  I think that's what happens:  something  at-
        tracts you because of its imagery and you digest it and it comes up in
        a song. I think that's how artists work; they are like magpies,  pick-
        ing up little bits of gold and storing them away.

Who were the  Pre-Raphaelites?  (And how are they related to Breugal?)

-Doug