Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Bush on MTV !!!!

From: Doug Alan <nessus>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 85 20:42:24 edt
Subject: Re: Kate Bush on MTV !!!!

> From Tim Wicinski

> ... they showed 1 complete minute of Running up that Hill!!!!!!

> Unbelieve-able !! It was when they were running down the english
> top 10 (right before the 5th video), and they showed what looked like
> the video kate made and not the one EMI banned or whatever those bozos
> did.

Once every so very often, one wishes one got MTV!

> It looked really well done, and it did not look 'provacative' and
> 'sexually suggesting' as EMI says. For the short time it was on tv, it
> looked good.

Actually it was someone in England who told me it was erotic....
Actually he said that it was like the "Hammer Horror" video (which is
highly erotic!) only much better.  This caused me to assume the reason
EMI-America switched the videos was because it is too erotic.

Actually, EMI-America has changed their mind about censoring the video,
and will supposedly release two different videos for RUTH: Kate's and
some other.  The TV stations can decide which one they want to show.
Now when MTV picks the butchered one, should we blame MTV instead?

> The Sex Pistols were right about EMI.....

Yeah!  And EMI-America is *much* worse!

			-Doug