Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

What's this song about, anyhow?

From: harvard!jerpc.PE!topaz!jer (Eric Roskos @ Home)
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 85 02:05:21 edt
Subject: What's this song about, anyhow?

Well, I've been hearing Doug say how "Running Up that Hill" is "perfect" and
a great song and all, but hadn't heard it yet, so this weekend I went down
to the Belz Factory Outlet Mall and bought a copy of this "12-inch single"
(when & why did they start making those?) to listen to myself.

Now, what is this song about, anyhow?  Is it about how women have to endure
sexual harassment whereas men don't?  Or is it some more general thing?  Who
is this person she wants to swap places with, God, or a male person?

Also... why does the song run over to the other side?  I mean, they could
have made it fit all on one side, so why doesn't it?

Finally, some trivia... this bow she is holding here on the front and back
isn't a "crossbow", as someone said earlier; it's not even a compound bow.
It's just a plain ordinary bow.  Is there another picture somewhere where
she does have a crossbow?  Also, where is the "KT" on this album cover?

Well, that's enough questions for now, I guess...	-- jer