Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

What a digeridu sounds like

From: Doug Alan <nessus>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 85 12:14:43 edt
Subject: What a digeridu sounds like

Here's something from net.music:

From: nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan)
Newsgroups: net.music
Subject: Re: What the heck is a Digeridu ? ?

> From: Stella Calvert

>> [Me:] It is a humongous woodwind!  I always thought it was the
>> whistling sound though.... but now that you mention it, maybe it's
>> the sound that continues on into "Night of The Swallow".  Is that
>> what you think it is?

> A digeridu makes a noise like god's own bronx cheer -- a cross between a
> whoopie cushion and Mt. St. Helens.

Wow!  That's a *PERFECT* description of the sound that continues on into
"Night Of The Swallow"!  Now I am completely enlightened!  Before I had
thought that that sound was made by some sort of heavy machinery (since
digging machines are mentioned in the song "The Dreaming").  I never
knew the Aborigines were into industrial music....

				"Dig, dig, dig away"

				 Doug Alan
				  nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (or ARPA)