Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Suzanne Vega, Rickie Lee Jones

From: ihnp4!sdcsvax!sdcc13!valerie (Valerie Polichar)
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 85 12:17:02 PDT
Subject: Suzanne Vega, Rickie Lee Jones

Had a friend come in and listen to my record of Suzanne Vega, then ask,
"Is that Rickie Lee Jones?"  Interested me, because I usually hear her
compared to Laurie Anderson (who I'm not /over/-fond of, although some of
her stuff is amusing and the lyrics are terrific).  I tend to put Rickie
Lee into my mental category, "extraordinary female musicians" ('long
with KB, Vega, Anderson, etc) - set me to wondering:  Anyone out there
feel the same way?  Has anyone bought "The Magazine" ?  Thoughts,
anybody?  I only have her first and second albums .. I'd be interested
to hear opinions on "Girl at her Volcano" (which was raped by the
critics), too.