Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Laurie Anderson and Suzanne Vega

From: Doug Alan <nessus>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 85 21:31:51 edt
Subject: Laurie Anderson and Suzanne Vega

Here is a copy of something I just posted to net.music:

["I am friend to the undertow"]

For those who care, there is an interesting article on Suzanne Vega in
the August 12th issue of "Rockpool" and an interesting article on Laurie
Anderson in issue 19 of "Terminal!".  Suzanne reveals that Marlene is
Marlene Dietrich, but I have no idea who that is.... Anyone know?

More VegaNews: "Suzanne Vega" has just been released in England, and
there are two big ads for it in the August 24th issue of Melody Maker.
(I bet you're wondering why I'd ever touch another issue of Melody
Maker, huh...  I'll tell you in another article....)  Go for it Sue!  Go
help Kate knock Madonna/corporate America off the charts.  Show the
Brits that every now and then there is more to U.S. music than formula
pop and formula heavy metal.

In the article in Terminal!  Laurie Anderson describes her encounter
with David Letterman on the Late Nite show.  I saw this show and
Letterman was a total jerk!  She reveals that her next album will
revolve around Artificial Intelligence!  (Sounds great to me already.)
She mentions Douglas Hofstadter and MIT.

				"Let X = X"

				 Doug Alan
				  nessus@mit-eddie.ARPA (or UUCP)