Back to the Moments Table of Contents
In Aug. 1995 I worked myself through the jungle of 1993/1994 lovehounds-mail to find some Deeper Understanding ('?').
Wow, and I finished everything in 3 weeks. The result is something I called: Moments - A Red Shoes Collection, and it contains everything I found interesting for me concerning "The Red Shoes". Initially I did this for my own purpose, only. It is not THE collection, but A collection.
I separated the mail in different categories. Mainly: a) TRS, b) anything else interesting, c) trash. The last item was the biggest one :-). I deleted more than 3/4 of everything. But the rest is really timeless and worth to be collected.
How I did it:
First I selected the interesting content and deleted the unneccesary parts (longish headers, Hello Graham!) and signatures (Hello Graham! Your address is not very thrilling!). I left "Date", "From" and "Subject". I also deleted sometimes substantial parts of the mail, if they were not interesting (to me), repetitions or personal things. I changed sometimes the subject entry, to fit better to the actual subject. I also corrected some obvious spelling errors etc. I made a very few comments by myself, they come in [ ] with my short WIE in case of doubt.
Quotes were a little problem, because the ">" signs are useless after making up the pages for grouped style. So, quotes are now started with a ">", but not in front of every line, only at the beginning of each paragraph. The quote is separated from the following statement, by a blank line.
I ordered the mails in different categories:
2.0. The Music
3.0. The Film
Edited for printing it's ca. 400 pages (hui!).
Maybe not everything is complete, it just reflects my own preferences. For example, I am not so much interested in your 'best of' things and ratings, like: "Eat the Music": C-, or "Rubberband Girl": B+ etc. I have my own list in my head and that's enough.
I also deleted:
- most of the Lily/Angel stuff, 'cause it gave no new inside into the subject, as Chris pointed out unsuccessfully in the very beginning.
- Sex and the 'Symbol' stuff: mainly abstruse theories.
If I skipped something, that should be definitely included, please tell me! Especially, if there are more interviews, please mail them to me or to the group!
It's my sincere hope, that this imperfect medley helps somehow to a new, completely revised edition of The Garden. I think, it's a heavy burden on IED's shoulder. This is my little contribution.
Thank you all, for doing the work. IED and Andrew Marvick for the Garden and their prolonged efforts to keep you on the kateian track, Ron Hill for his Cloudbusting (both invaluable compilations!), Uli for his continuous distribution of information and all the people who hacked in the lyrics, reviews and interviews. Thank you!
Other things/people that attracted my special attention:
- IED: Still mysterious, but definetly no human being. "Some groups have a moderator. We have an Enforcer. IED enforces the KaTe orthodoxy. Whenever he's away from the group (say, because Andrew Marvick is pursuing something trivial like a Ph.D.), the group begins to drift, become unruly, and has less KaTe content." (Andy Gough)
- Andrew Marvick = apostle Peter, head of the fundamentalist church of Kate Bush. KaTe is God (Amen!). It's unbelievable to me how he managed it to work on his doctoral thesis and do *on the side* all his investigations. Or was that IED?
- stev0: "The Line, the Cross, the Curve and Her Lover" Master of the Joke! Some of his contributions are absolute masterpieces. "If Lovehounds is a game, I win!" You really should go professional! Give us another one!
I always jump nervously on my seat, if one of the above mentioned names apears in "From".
- Uli: distributor and editor of the holy FAQ. He also worked on THE discography: Out now! It comes on 12 CD's with a 1054 pages booklet.
- Jon-"Eat the Music" *still* sucks!"-Drukman: a strong fighter, with a warm heart. But caution when you say something that provokes contradiction. Jump behind the lines when he rises. He and stev0 always carry guns (and heavy-duty gaffa-tape) and come in full metal jackets.
- Homeground-Peter: Good for short urgent HG-Towers-information, but generally more a taker. That's a great pity, because I think, he has so much to give! Maybe we should ask him more!!! Ooh, he has compiled a 15 pages videolist!
- Vickie: Who discovered, that you have to break your earphones to get a complete inside into "The Dreaming"! (phase cancelation)
-Brian J Dillard: "I dropped my walkman last night and now it plays backwards! so I should have all sorts of wonderful new insights to share with all of you very very soon . . "
- Chris: something like the answer-man of the group. With stoical coolness he answers all the questions, that come up every month or so.
- Karen Newcombe: Always at her place. IED says: "She's, in his opinion, the best thing that's happened to Kate Bush fandom in AGES."
- Scott Telford: provider of the TRS-discography and many other front-line reports.
- Prof. Manchester, who educates us with his well-founded statements.
- Doug: the fabulous LH founder, |>oug /\lan said: "John Carder Bush told me all sorts of things that Kate would do her best to avoid talking about." - Can you please enlighten us!!!
- 334 subscribers 13.5.94
- only once in these two years someone (in this music oriented group) referred to specified notes/keys: Jonathan Forward: "When was the inferior D,D,up an octave & F replaced by the much better D,C,F,D,Bflat,F?" (conc. DWBMA)
- also only once someone posted a GIF!
- we also have a Super-Dave!
- a Jorn "All-I-wanted-was-a-Pepsi" Barger
- a Marcel "De Efteling is in Kaatsheuvel, not Amsterdam. Not even "near" Amsterdam" Rijs
- Charlie Baum: the guy with the strangest story: his friend saw a Miami Vice episode with the "Hello Earth" piece in it. He instantly recognized it as a georgian tune and taped it. Then he played it to Charles (also a georgian music expert), who tracked it down to KaTe and got hooked. So BTW he brought this georgian subject to our all attention.
- and: David Eugene Vinson: "Can anybody out there confirm my existence? Uli doesn't believe in me, but I could swear that I have been around since the end of October. Have there been any confirmed sightings of me during that time? I want to live!!!!"
So, that was 2 years lovehounds in 3 weeks. Okay, here it is. Do with it what you want!
Once again: if you want something to be included, tell me with good reasons and send it to me or the group.
I hope, you'll enjoy reading! Don't drive too slowly!
And: I certify hereby, that all members of this group are completely and entirely mad!
She may not tour, but when you need her, she's there.
(Melanie J. Oeding)
To the Table of Contents
On to Moments 0.2. - Contributors
Written by Love-Hounds
compiled and edited
HTML-ized by Vickie Mapes April 1996